হৰমুজ সংকট: আমেৰিকা-ইৰাণৰ তীব্ৰ বাকযুদ্ধ — ইৰাণ সেনাই ট্ৰাম্পৰ দাবী ‘মিছা’ বুলি খণ্ডন
Iran on Saturday issued a sharp rebuke after U.S. presidential candidate Donald Trump joked that he would soon declare the Strait of Hormuz American territory once Iran had been defeated. Speaking at a campaign rally in New York, Trump said, “As soon as the job of defeating Iran is finished, I will very soon declare the Strait of Hormuz American territory,” and asserted the claim would be acted upon.
Tehran quickly rejected the remark, saying the strategic waterway has always belonged to Iran, remains under its control and will continue to do so. Iran’s deputy foreign minister, Kazem Gharibabadi, took to the social platform X to warn that “a tweet, a warship or a campaign speech” cannot seize the Strait. He urged the U.S. administration to acknowledge its real setbacks and avoid spreading unfounded confusion.
The comment revives longstanding tensions over the Strait of Hormuz, a chokepoint through which a significant share of the world’s energy supplies transit. Trump has previously claimed the United States exercised “complete control” over the waterway and described U.S. naval measures against Iran as a “wall of swords.” Iranian military officials have repeatedly dismissed such claims as false, insisting the Strait is firmly under Iran’s jurisdiction.
Separately, the Wall Street Journal reported that a White House official characterized Trump’s remarks about the Strait as a jest and said there had been no substantive discussion of the idea with presidential advisers. The exchange underscores how statements made on the campaign trail can quickly provoke diplomatic pushback and heighten sensitivities around an already volatile maritime flashpoint.
Original Source: https://assam.nenow.in/trump-strait-of-hormuz-remarks-trigger-a-dispute-with-iran-as-tehran-rejects-his-claim-and-says-the-strategic-waterway-remains-iranian/
Category: Popular Stories,আন্ত: ৰাষ্ট্ৰীয়,ৰাজনীতি,শীর্ষ সংবাদ
Tags:
Publish Date: 2026-08-15 22:04:00