Discovery’s Op Sindoor Debunks Pakistan’s Asim Munir Victory Claim
Pakistan’s military establishment has sharply rejected a new Discovery documentary that presents India’s account of the four-day India‑Pakistan conflict of May 2025, saying the film misrepresents the facts. The two‑part series, Declassified: Operation Sindoor, which premiered on August 15, features senior Indian military and security officials and offers a detailed, behind‑the‑scenes account of India’s response to the April 22, 2025 Pahalgam terror attack and the subsequent 88‑hour military operation.
The documentary traces India’s planning and decision‑making during the operation, including on‑camera remarks from National Security Adviser Ajit Doval. It frames Operation Sindoor as a targeted response aimed at destroying terrorist infrastructure linked to the Pahalgam attack and highlights the use of precision strikes against targets in Pakistan and Pakistan‑occupied Jammu and Kashmir. The film says the campaign ended after an understanding to stop military action following roughly 88 hours of operations.
In the documentary, Doval warns that India’s “generosity, tolerance and restraint should not be mistaken for weakness,” and says New Delhi was prepared to take risks and “hit hard” when national interests and citizens were threatened. Those comments are presented as part of a broader narrative about deterrence and India’s approach to countering cross‑border terrorism.
Pakistan’s Inter‑Services Public Relations (ISPR) responded with a strong rebuttal, calling the documentary “highly dramatised, coloured and factually inaccurate” and accusing India of attempting to rewrite last year’s confrontation. The ISPR described the production as “Bollywood‑style,” saying India had “cobbled together a propaganda video to project a military blunder as a successful endeavour.”
The Pakistani military also disputed New Delhi’s claim of “100 per cent mission success,” asserting that Pakistani forces resisted the offensive and inflicted losses on Indian aircraft. Islamabad says the fighting ended through communication between the two countries’ Directors General of Military Operations rather than by a decisive victory for either side, and it questioned the documentary’s chronology and portrayal of the Pahalgam attack.
The Discovery film’s significance stems from the access it provides to Indian officials directly involved in Operation Sindoor, offering a fuller account than contemporaneous statements. But the competing accounts from New Delhi and Pakistan mean the operation’s public record remains contested, and the documentary has intensified an already fraught narrative over the May 2025 clashes.
Original Source: https://www.firstpost.com/world/pakistan-runs-for-narrative-cover-as-new-op-sindoor-documentary-busts-asim-munirs-victory-claim-14038965.html
Category: India
Tags:
Publish Date: 2026-08-18 14:00:00